Friday, December 7, 2012

selected articles :)

They say I’m a dreamer….are you a dreamer too?

As someone who has just recently started blogging, I find that I often have to think about what to write next.This can often be a challenge, but the one thing that makes it easier is that I see opportunities in everyday events (phew!). For example, I was buying jeans at the Levi’s store the other day, and as I was standing at the till, I noticed that the young man helping me out had a very interesting tatoo on his arm. The tatoo was a sentence, written in dark in that read “they say I’m a dreamer….”
I looked up at him and asked, “so what do you dream about?” He gave me the biggest smile and said “well, anything and everything really. I think about all the things I want to do in my life. It makes me feel good.” I asked him about why he had the words written on his arm and he told me that these words from John Lennon have always inspired him. He told me that the words serve as a reminder for him to keep dreaming his dreams. He said that they were always with him, and so he felt pretty optimistic about the future.


I wonder if you have ever lost sight of a goal or dream. What did you really want to do once upon a time, that you haven’t thought about for a long time? I can tell you about a goal i’ve had that comes and goes in this way. It is something simple, and when I think about it, I really want to do it, and then some time goes by and it gets lost in all the life stuff. I’ve wanted to learn how to ride a bicycle for years! I’m just remembering this now as I write this….

You may have been working on a particular goal recently (such as losing weight, writing an article, or improving your exercise regimen). One may find that they are on track, and then suddenly something happens and everything goes topsy turvy. Those are the times when it can be difficult to get back to where you were. Having small reminders to help us along the way can serve a valuable purpose. You don’t have to go as far as placing a tatoo on your arm, but it is useful to have visual reminders so that you don’t have to think of doing something extra. Use a reminder that once placed, is an instant trigger that brings you towards your goal. Here are a couple of ideas:
Put up a poster or a picture that inspires you
Write post-it notes and put them up near your desk, on your fridge, on the bathroom mirror
Write a few words, or a statement that will motivate you to act.
Use the homescreen on your phone or your computer.
The type of reminders you use should be personal to you. If you try something and it doesn’t really “do anything” for you, then go ahead and try something different. Use a different picture or words until you get something that really feels right for the task you have at hand. Remember that building a new habit takes time so reminding yourself to stay on track can make all the difference! 

credit to :makelifehappen

No comments:

Post a Comment